Jealous Guy - ESL Music Ideas



Jealous Guy was a song by John Lennon, which he sung after his time in The Beatles. The value of this song is that it can be used to show students the past continuous.

Throughout the lyrics there are several examples of the past continuous. It is also nice because most students know who John Lennon is, and will enjoy listening to his music.

Here are the lyrics:

I was dreaming of the past.
And my heart was beating fast,
I began to lose control,
I began to lose control,

I didn't mean to hurt you,
I'm sorry that I mad you cry,
I didn't want to hurt you,
I'm just a jealous guy,

I was feeling insecure,
You night not love me any more,

I was shivering inside,
I was shivering inside,

I was trying to catch your eyes,
Thought that you were trying to hide,
I was swallowing my pain,
I was swallowing my pain.


For more practice with the past continuous, try these links:

Past Continuous Lesson

Past Continuous Test




No comments:

Post a Comment