ESL Music Ideas - 3rd Conditional - Beverley Knight



Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda is a song by Beverley Knight. It is a great song to practice the third conditional.

The title uses three words, which are slang, and used commonly in the 3rd conditional:

Shoulda = Shoulda have
Woulda = Woulda have
Coulda = Could have

Use the song to teach the third conditional, as well as reductions, slang, and fast speaking. .

This song works well in combination with Brian Mcknight's "Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda"

Here is the video with the lyrics.







LYRICS
Song: Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda,
Artist: Beverley Knight
Grammar: Third Conditional



People say that together we were both sides of the same coin
That we would shine like Venus in a clear night sky
We thought our love could overcome the circumstances
But my ambition wouldn't allow for compromise

I could see in the distance all the dreams that were clear to me
Every choice that I had to make left you on your own
Somehow the road we started down had split asunder
Too late to realize how far apart we'd grown.
How I wish I, wish I'd done a little bit more

Now " Shoulda woulda coulda," means I'm out of time
Cause "Shoulda woulda coulda", can't change your mind
And I wonder, wonder, wonder what I'm gonna do
"Shoulda woulda coulda" are the last words of a fool

People ask how it feels to live the kind of life others dream about
I tell them everybody gotta face their highs and their lows
And in my life there's a love I put aside, cause I was busy loving something else
So for every little thing you hold on to, you've got to let something else go

CHORUS

Fool if I would now forsake the opportunities are fate
I know I'm right where I belong
But sometimes when I'm not so strong I..





No comments:

Post a Comment